The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Reliance Industries Ltd (NS: RELI ), which rose 1.47% or 32.60 points to trade at 2245.75 at the close. Divi's Laboratories Ltd. (NS: DIVI ) added 1.46% or 63.50 points to end at 4398.00 and Tata Motors Ltd (NS: TAMO ) was up 1.45% or 5.10 points to 355.85 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Adani Port and Special Economic Zone Ltd (NS: APSE ), which lost 9.26% or 77.75 points to trade at 762.00 in late trade. Coal India Ltd (NS: COAL ) declined 2.12% or 3.45 points to end at 159.20 and Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd. (NS: KTKM ) shed 1.51% or 27.05 points to 1767.30.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Reliance Industries Ltd (BO: RELI ) which rose 1.46% to 2245.30, Bajaj Finance Ltd (BO: BJFN ) which was up 1.23% to settle at 6194.20 and Oil And Natural Gas Corporation Ltd (BO: ONGC ) which gained 1.05% to close at 124.85.
The worst performers were Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd. (BO: KTKM ) which was down 1.51% to 1768.25 in late trade, Housing Development Finance Corporation Ltd (BO: HDFC ) which lost 0.76% to settle at 2539.20 and Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (BO: SUN ) which was down 0.59% to 677.25 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 952 to 783 and 35 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1596 fell and 1583 advanced, while 144 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was up 4.34% to 14.7150.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was down 1.23% or 23.20 to $1856.40 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July rose 0.68% or 0.48 to hit $71.39 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract rose 0.76% or 0.55 to trade at $73.24 a barrel.
USD/INR was down 0.02% to 73.226, while EUR/INR rose 0.05% to 88.7540.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.11% at 90.430.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.