The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were ICICI Bank Ltd (NS: ICBK ), which rose 10.85% or 82.40 points to trade at 841.70 at the close. AXIS Bank Ltd (NS: AXBK ) added 3.48% or 28.40 points to end at 845.10 and Oil And Natural Gas Corporation Ltd (NS: ONGC ) was up 2.77% or 4.35 points to 161.40 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Bharat Petroleum Corp. Ltd. (NS: BPCL ), which lost 3.48% or 15.55 points to trade at 431.70 in late trade. SBI Life Insurance Company Ltd (NS: SBIL ) declined 3.21% or 37.50 points to end at 1129.70 and Bajaj Finserv Ltd (NS: BJFS ) shed 3.06% or 571.00 points to 18087.15.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were ICICI Bank Ltd (BO: ICBK ) which rose 10.80% to 841.05, AXIS Bank Ltd. (BO: AXBK ) which was up 3.45% to settle at 845.05 and Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd (BO: REDY ) which gained 0.71% to close at 4669.00.
The worst performers were Bajaj Finserv Ltd (BO: BJFS ) which was down 3.04% to 18097.65 in late trade, Bajaj Auto Ltd (BO: BAJA ) which lost 2.73% to settle at 3760.00 and HCL Technologies Ltd (BO: HCLT ) which was down 2.36% to 1165.95 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 1370 to 411 and 36 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 2209 fell and 977 advanced, while 151 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was up 0.37% to 17.6100.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.24% or 4.25 to $1800.55 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December rose 0.88% or 0.74 to hit $84.50 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract rose 0.69% or 0.58 to trade at $85.22 a barrel.
USD/INR was up 0.12% to 75.080, while EUR/INR fell 0.10% to 87.2585.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.13% at 93.748.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.