The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Tech Mahindra Ltd (NS: TEML ), which rose 4.22% or 51.20 points to trade at 1,264.00 at the close. Hero MotoCorp Ltd (NS: HROM ) added 4.13% or 99.50 points to end at 2,509.00 and Infosys Ltd (NS: INFY ) was up 3.23% or 49.60 points to 1,585.15 in late trade.
Biggest losers included IndusInd Bank Ltd. (NS: INBK ), which lost 4.24% or 41.50 points to trade at 936.80 in late trade. Britannia Industries Ltd (NS: BRIT ) declined 3.20% or 108.45 points to end at 3,277.00 and Tata Consumer Products Ltd (NS: TACN ) shed 2.99% or 24.05 points to 779.25.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Tech Mahindra Ltd (BO: TEML ) which rose 4.07% to 1,263.55, Infosys Ltd (BO: INFY ) which was up 3.21% to settle at 1,585.25 and HCL Technologies Ltd (BO: HCLT ) which gained 2.57% to close at 1,071.00.
The worst performers were IndusInd Bank Ltd. (BO: INBK ) which was down 4.32% to 936.15 in late trade, Nestle India Ltd (BO: NEST ) which lost 2.76% to settle at 17,599.35 and UltraTech Cement Ltd (BO: ULTC ) which was down 2.58% to 6,355.80 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 1044 to 773 and 53 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1760 fell and 1472 advanced, while 116 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 7.24% to 20.29.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 1.42% or 26.63 to $1,895.43 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June rose 0.13% or 0.14 to hit $107.95 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract rose 0.47% or 0.52 to trade at $110.66 a barrel.
USD/INR was up 0.37% to 76.28, while EUR/INR fell 0.24% to 80.80.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.27% at 102.88.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.