NEW DELHI, Jan 3 (Reuters) - India has invited initial bids from private firms for a 26% stake in state-owned defence and engineering company BEML Ltd BEML.NS , the government said on Sunday.
The government holds just over 54% of the company and plans to give up management control to a private bidder.
It is part of plans by Prime Minister Narendra Modi's government to privatise state-run companies including Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited BPCL.NS , Container Corp. of India CCRI.NS , Shipping Corp of India SCI.NS and national carrier Air India.
The government has appointed SBI (NS: SBI ) Capital Markets Limited as its transaction adviser for the proposed divestment of the BEML stake.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
beml nest targatLike 0