New Delhi, Sep 12 (IANS) The Centre has imposed an anti-dumping duty on some Chinese steel for five years.The decision was taken after it was found that Chinese exporters were exporting steel products to other countries at a highly reduced price, sources said.
The decision was announced through a notification late on Monday evening by the finance ministry.
Last week, the steel ministry had said that it was monitoring the steel imports after it had received complaints of dumping of cheap Chinese steel products in India.
China was the biggest exporter of steel to India followed by South Korea during the April-July period of the current fiscal.
China mainly exports sheets or cold-rolled coils to India. It is also the world's top steel producer.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.