Goldman Sachs (NYSE: GS ) has issued a warning about the high likelihood of an impending US government shutdown, with a predicted 90% probability. The shutdown could potentially commence on October 1, 2023, as reported on Wednesday.
GS highlights the minimal progress in arranging a funding extension past September 30, 2023, despite the remote possibility of Congress achieving such an extension. The financial institution emphasizes the pressing time constraints faced by lawmakers.
Even if a temporary funding resolution is achieved, GS suggests that another shutdown may surface in the fourth quarter of 2023. This would add further uncertainty to an already tense fiscal situation in the United States.
This article was generated with the support of AI and reviewed by an editor. For more information see our T&C.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
oh! anti-india US sponsored librandus/sickulars inside India will have their salary reduced now?Like 0