By Aayush Khanna
IIFL Finance's (NS: IIFL ) recent achievement in securing JPY 7.5 billion through its inaugural Japanese Yen-denominated external commercial borrowing (ECB) facility signals a strategic move towards global diversification and growth. Facilitated by Mizuho Bank's Singapore branch, this milestone underscores the growing international acceptance of IIFL Finance's credit.
The funds, acquired at competitive pricing over TONAR, mark a pivotal step in strengthening IIFL Finance's borrowing profile. Joint Managing Director, Mr. R Venkataraman, highlights the significance of partnering with esteemed institutions like Mizuho Bank, emphasizing the NBFC's commitment to diversifying borrowing options for sustained growth.
For the first time, accessing JPY funding introduces geographic diversity and cost efficiency to IIFL Finance's funding profile, according to Group CFO, Mr. Kapish Jain. This long-term facility is anticipated to fortify the Asset Liability position.
Mizuho Bank's Senior Managing Director, Mr. Piyush Agarwal, expressed satisfaction in arranging the inaugural Japanese Yen-denominated ECB facility for IIFL Finance, foreseeing benefits in diversifying lender base and borrowing currency.
Image Source: InvestingPro+
As of September 2023, IIFL Finance maintains a robust financial position with free cash and undrawn lines totaling INR 9,078 crore at the consolidated level, ensuring ample liquidity to meet long-term commitments.
In addition to these financial strides, the shares of IIFL Finance appear undervalued, with a fair intrinsic value of INR 788, depicting a promising 28% potential rally from the current market price of INR 612. The stock is gaining traction on investors' radar, having delivered a commendable 34% return in the last 12 months, further emphasizing its growth prospects and market appeal.
X (formerly, Twitter) - aayushxkhanna
CYBER MONDAY SALE: You can avail InvestingPro+ at a massive 60% discount and by using the coupon code PROC324 get an extra 10% discount over and above the ongoing promotional price for the Bi-yearly plan only. Click on the image below to access the link
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.