Chennai, July 3 (IANS) With over 50 per cent of its flights not operating on time, hundreds of passengers of IndiGo Airlines across the country faced a tough time on Saturday.
According to the Ministry of Civil Aviation, IndiGo Airlines operated only 45.2 per cent of its flights on time on Saturday.
Curiously, the number of grievances received by the government against IndiGo on Saturday was only six.
It is said, large number of IndiGo's cabin crew on Saturday reported sick allegedly to attend the recruitment interview of Air India.
If that is the case, the recruiter should also look at the prospective staff's attitude before hiring them, is one view.
The Ministry of Civil Aviation has called for an explanation from IndiGo for the huge flight delays.
IndiGo has not issued any statement on the delay of its several flights.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.