New Delhi, Sep 28 (IANS) In a fillip to the 'Make in India' initiative, PC and printer major HP on Thursday announced a collaboration with Google (NASDAQ: GOOGL ) to manufacture its Chromebooks in India.The Chromebook devices will be manufactured at the Flex Facility near Chennai, where HP has been producing a range of laptops and desktops since August 2020.
The production of HP Chromebooks is starting from October 2, and will cater to the demand for affordable PCs in India mainly from the education sector, the company said in a statement.
“Manufacturing Chromebook laptops in India will allow Indian students to get easy access to affordable PCs. By further expanding our manufacturing operations, we continue to support the ‘Make in India’ initiative of the government,” said Vickram Bedi, Senior Director-Personal Systems, HP India.
Chromebooks are leading devices in K-12 education, helping over 50 million students and teachers across the world.
Equipped with ChromeOS, these devices have built-in accessibility and security features to deepen classroom connections and keep user information safe.
“The local production of Chromebooks with HP marks an important step in our efforts to continue supporting the digital transformation of education in India,” said Bani Dhawan, Head of Education-South Asia, Google.
From December 2021, HP started manufacturing a wide range of laptops in India, including HP EliteBooks, HP ProBooks, and HP G8 series notebooks.
HP also expanded its portfolio of locally manufactured commercial desktops by adding various models of desktop mini towers (MT), mini desktops (DM), small form factor (SFF) desktops, and a range of All-in-One PCs.
These products include both Intel (NASDAQ: INTC ) and AMD processor options and cater to a wide range of customer segments.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Power of India which came through government’s initiative in the form of Make in India initiative.Like 1