By Aditya Raghunath
Investing.com -- As Antony Waste Handling Cell Ltd (NS: ANTONY ) makes its debut on Indian indices today, the first day of 2021, let’s take a look at how 2020 treated companies that listed on markets.
There was a gap of over three months, thanks to the pandemic before Rossari Biotech Ltd (NS: ROSB ) came out with a price band of Rs 423- Rs 425. It closed 2020 at Rs 936, up over 120%.
Next up, also in July, was Mindspace Business Parks Reits (NS: MINS ) at Rs 274- Rs 275. It closed at Rs 320.81, up 16.65%.
September saw eight companies launch their IPOs as there were clear signs of recovery in the economy:
- Happiest Minds Technologies Ltd (NS: HAPP ), price band of Rs 165 – Rs 166, closed at Rs 343.65, up 107%.
- Route Mobile (NS: ROUT ), price band of Rs 345 – Rs 350, closed at Rs 1,099, up 214%.
- Chemcon Speciality Chemicals Ltd (NS: CHEO ), price band of Rs 338 – Rs 340, closed at Rs 498.9, up 46.7%.
- Computer Age Management Services Lt (NS: COMU ), price band of Rs 1,229- Rs 1,230, closed at Rs 1,818, up almost 48%.
- Angel Broking Ltd (NS: ANGB ), price band of Rs 305 – Rs 306, closed at Rs 338, up 10.45%.
- Uti Asset Management Co Ltd (NS: UTIA ), price band of Rs 552 – Rs 554, closed at Rs 556, up less than 0.36%.
- Likhitha Infrastructure Ltd (NS: LIKI ), price band of Rs 117 – Rs 120, closed at Rs 164.15, up 36.7%.
- Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Ltd (NS: MAZG ), price band of Rs 135 – Rs 145, closed at Rs 218.1, up 46.7%.
October saw a breather with just Equitas Holdings Ltd (NS: EQHL ) listing on the indices. With a price band of Rs 32 – Rs 33, it closed at Rs 68, up 106%.
November saw Gland Pharma Ltd (NS: GLAD ) debut on the markets. It had a price band of Rs 1,490 – Rs 1,500. It closed at Rs 2,338, up almost 56%.
December saw Burger King India Ltd (NS: BURG ) list with a price band of Rs 59 – Rs 60. It closed at Rs 175.4, up 192%.
There are a slew of IPOs lined up for 2021. Will IPOs be able to continue their momentum in the New Year? Only time will tell.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.