By Malvika Gurung
Investing.com -- The mining major Hindustan Zinc (NS: HZNC ) declared an interim dividend of 350% to its shareholders for the ongoing financial year on Saturday.
The Board of Directors of Hindustan Zinc approved an Interim Dividend of Rs 7 per equity share on the face value of Rs 2 apiece for the fiscal year 2023-24, translating to a dividend of 350% for FY24.
The said interim dividend amounts to Rs 2,957.72 crore and the corporate reward was decided by a resolution passed by circulation on July 8, 2023, the company said.
The subsidiary company of Vedanta (NS: VDAN ) announced that the eligibility of shareholders for the aforementioned dividend has been set as on the record date of Saturday, July 15, 2023.
The mining company will pay the interim dividend to eligible shareholders within stipulated timelines as prescribed under the law, Hindustan Zinc said on Saturday.
Hindustan Zinc was the top performer stock on the Nifty Metal index in the previous session, rising 2.4% on Friday.
InvestingPro’s financial models are bearish on the mega-cap stock and have set an average fair value of Rs 320.23 apiece on it, indicating a downside of 6%.
The most bearish fair value has been set by the ‘Earnings Power Value’ investing model at Rs 208.19/share, which represents a potential downside of nearly 39% from the mining major’s closing price on Friday.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.