By Malvika Gurung
Investing.com -- The country’s largest two-wheeler manufacturer Hero MotoCorp (NS: HROM ) has announced that it will raise the prices of its motorcycles and scooters by up to Rs 1,500, starting Dec 1, 2022.
In its fourth hike in the ongoing fiscal year, Hero Moto said that it will make an upward revision in the ex-showroom prices of its two-wheelers from Dec 1, with the price hike varying across specific models and markets.
The auto giant has attributed the price hike to the overall inflationary costs. However, it will continue providing innovative financing solutions to mitigate the impact of the hike on customers, stated the company’s CFO Niranjan Gupta.
“We have also put in place accelerated savings programs, which will help us to offset any further cost impact, and drive improvement in margins,” he added.
The economic indicators point towards favourable demand growth going ahead, expecting the industry volumes to pick up in the upcoming quarters.
Hero Moto has extended price hikes across its models in April by up to Rs 2,000, followed by an up to Rs 3,000 price rise in July and by up to Rs 1,000 in September this year to offset the high input costs.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.