Govt to Introduce Crypto Bill in Winter Budget Session; What is Expected?
By Malvika Gurung
Investing.com -- After maintaining a hardline stance towards the acceptance of cryptocurrencies, the Government has confirmed to introduce the virtual asset for finalising its legislation in the upcoming winter session of Parliament.
A source privy to the matter has informed that the Government is neither inclining on putting a hard-pressed ban on cryptocurrencies nor is it of the view to allow the currency as a legal tender.
The current scenario around the Indian investors in the cryptocurrency market involves large volumes of trading and investments in the said instrument, eradicating the option of putting an outright ban on the ‘unregulated’ virtual currency.
The source, as quoted by ET states, “A balance has to be found”, adding that the government is considering a middle-ground position on the use of cryptocurrencies in India. "A middle path that balances the concerns of all stakeholders is more likely,” adds the source.
The government’s policymakers are looking forward to drafting a Crypto Bill which would execute effectively, in parallel with the technological developments in the digital space.
A detailed discussion was done and a presentation was presented before the policymakers, revolving vividly around the same issue, including the benefits and drawbacks of cryptos, the regulative models used by other countries, the volume of investments made by Indian traders in such digital currencies, and the banking regulator RBI’s views on the same.
Following the discussion, another presentation is in the works, which is anticipated to finalise the taxation aspects emerging from trading of digital currencies, stated the source to the news daily.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
What a joke 😂Like 0
THIS IS BADLY NEEDED FOR ONLY DECENTRALISE (LIKLEY SECUERD ) SYSTEMS ....WHERE YOU CAN INVEST RS.100/- ALSO 😊😊😊Like 1
It is more likely that India will legalise crypto currency with some riders . Government is under pressure of power full eco system .Like 0
how to create news out of nothing...this is one of examplesLike 3
Cypto is now new generation trading..... which is world while accepted and India shall also do the same to boom economy.... Good Move by Government...🙂🙂🙂Like 1
kitna *******karega Sharma?Like 1
good sheetLike 0
good shitLike 0
good shitLike 0
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or