New Delhi, Sep 18 (IANS) Government on Monday announced family pension at a uniform rate of 30 per cent for the welfare of the families of LIC (NS: LIFI ) employees.It has also enhanced the gratuity limit from Rs 3 lakh to Rs 5 lakh for LIC agents.
Announcing a slew of welfare measures for LIC agents and employees, the Finance Ministry said that these will bring substantial improvements to the working condition and benefits of LIC agents.
The term insurance cover for the agents has also been expanded from the existing range of Rs 3,000-10,000 to Rs 25,000-1,50,000.
This enhancement in term insurance will significantly benefit the families of deceased agents, offering them a more substantial welfare benefit, official sources said.
Government has also enabled reappointed agents to be eligible for renewal commission, thereby providing them with increased financial stability.
Currently, LIC agents are not eligible for renewal commission on any business completed under the old agency.
More than 13 lakhs agents and more than 1 lakh regular employees, who play a pivotal role in the growth of LIC and deepening of insurance penetration in India, will benefit from these welfare measures, a statement said.
The welfare measures are related to the amendments to LIC (Agents) Regulations, 2017, enhancement of gratuity limit, and uniform rate of family pension among others.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.