New Delhi, June 12 (IANS) The government on Monday imposed stock limits on wheat till March 31, 2024 in order to ensure its adequate supply and prevent hoarding.
The move will also lead to food security, official sources said.
This will be applicable to traders, wholesalers, retailers, big chain retailers, and processors in all states and Union Territories, they said further.
According to the order, the stock limit on wheat for processors has been fixed at 75 per cent of annual installed capacity or quantity equivalent to monthly installed capacity multiplied by the remaining months of 2023-24, whichever is less.
Wholesalers and traders can keep 3,000 metric tonnes of wheat at any given time. Retailers can keep 10 MT.
In the case of big retail chains, the stock limit is 10 MT for each outlet and 3,000 MT for all outlets of a chain.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.