By Sam Boughedda
Investing.com -- Ahead of Sea Ltd's (NYSE: SE ) earnings release, Goldman Sachs has maintained a Buy rating on the stock.
Analysts at Goldman said they expect a beat on Sea's eCommerce platform Shopee's eCommerce gross merchandise volume compared to buyside expectations.
"We believe that Shopee will see growth coming in from its continued expansion in Brazil," they stated.
Meanwhile, in Sea's gaming segment, Goldman said it continues to face pressure from reopening, "especially as Free Fire saw the largest growth in revenue during COVID-19 in 2020-21."
"Based on our 'peak analysis,' we expect to see Free Fire revenue to continue to decline and reach a plateau by 3Q22," they added.
Despite risks Goldman defines as competition from global peers, macroeconomic and geopolitical risks and exchange rate volatility, execution in new markets, and the inability to derive synergies from all three businesses, they "view Sea as a winner in the fast-growing gaming, ecommerce and digital finance markets in Asia, and expect further upside from its successful move into Latam."
Goldman's has a $196 price target on the stock, which is down 10% Thursday.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.