Hyderabad, June 14 (IANS) Hyderabad Metropolitan Development Authority (HMDA) and GMR Hyderabad International Airport Ltd will contribute 10 per cent each for Rs 6,250 crore Hyderabad Airport Metro Project.
Hyderabad Airport Metro Ltd (HAML) Managing Director N.V.S. Reddy said on Wednesday that the project is estimated to cost Rs 6,250 crore and it will be funded totally by the Telangana government, along with 10 per cent each contributions by HMDA and GMR Airport
Addressing a pre-bid meeting for the Hyderabad Airport Metro project, he explained the importance and salient features of the Airport Metro project to the prospective bidders.
The pre-bid meeting was held as a sequel to the global tenders invited for selection of EPC (Engineering, Procurement and Construction) contractor for the Hyderabad Airport Metro project and the technical teams of 13 national and global companies participated in the meeting. They included L&T, Alstom (EPA: ALSO ), Siemens (NS: SIEM ), Tata Projects, IRCON, RVNL, BEML (NS: BEML ), PANDROL Rahee technologies etc.
Reddy stated that most of the preliminary works like survey, peg marking, alignment fixation etc, have been completed and soil testing is in full swing. As per the updated survey and alignment fixation, now the 31 km corridor between Raidurg metro station and Airport terminal station will have an elevated portion of 29.3 km and underground portion of 1.7 km. It will have 9 stations including one underground metro station adjacent to the airport terminal.
The prospective bidders' queries pertaining to the civil structures, rolling stock (trains), signaling and train control systems, performance indices, technical specifications etc., were discussed at length in the meeting and clarifications were given by the MD and his technical team.
The selected EPC Contractor must start the ground works latest by September 2023 and complete the project in 3 years.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.