Global PE Major Dumps Entire PVR Holding for Rs 380 Crore, 3 Fund Houses Buy
By Malvika Gurung
Investing.com -- Shares of the multiplex operator PVR (NS: PVRL ) gained 2.5% to Rs 1,585 apiece in Tuesday’s trade, following bulk deals on the counter dated March 20.
As per BSE data, the leading private equity firm Warburg Pincus offloaded a total of 24,39,301 equity shares of PVR in three tranches through open market transactions on Monday.
The New York headquartered PE firm made the sale on the BSE through its affiliate Berry Creek Investment, which held a 2.49% stake in PVR as of February 2023.
The company has now slashed its entire 2.49% holding in the cinema operator company for a total transaction value of Rs 380.37 crore, disposing 24.39 lakh equity shares of PVR at Rs 1,559.35 each.
However, the offloaded shares were bought by three fund houses, including two domestic and one foreign, at Rs 1,559.35 apiece.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or