By Malvika Gurung
Investing.com -- The Gift Nifty index, formerly Singapore-based Exchange SGX Nifty, an early indicator for Nifty50 , traded 0.22% or 43.5 points higher at 8:12 am on Wednesday, indicating a positive opening on Dalal Street.
India’s CPI inflation fell to 6.83% YoY in August from 7.44% in July 2023, following a somewhat cooldown in the prices of vegetables and food items compared to the previous month. At this reading, India’s retail came in lower than an estimated rate of 7% for the month.
Major US indices ended lower on Tuesday, led by a plunge in the tech-laden Nasdaq Composite index as market heavyweight Oracle (NYSE: ORCL ) plummeted 15.3% following a weak forecast with factors weighing on the company’s revenue growth.
US CPI inflation reading is set to release on Wednesday and investors are laser-focused on it in anticipation of the Fed’s interest rate hike moves and policy tightening course at the September monetary policy meet, as worries loom by surging oil prices.
Asian shares traded mixed on Wednesday following wobbly cues from the overnight session on Wall Street. Investors await the key US CPI data while rising oil prices are adding to inflationary pressures, stoking concerns.
Oil prices gained on Wednesday, hovering around a 10-month high as oil markets will tighten further this year amid robust demand and lower production.
Midcap stocks have been rallying over the last few months as well as taking the lead so far this year. This might be the right time to learn how to pick high quality midcaps that are poised to turn to large caps. Investing.com is hosting a free webinar for all readers on how to go about in selecting such stocks, on 13 September 2023 at 5:30 PM.
Sign up for the "How to catch potential midcaps before they turn to large caps" webinar at Investing.com India.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.