BERLIN/FRANKFURT, May 20 (Reuters) - The following are some of the factors that may move German stocks on Wednesday:
The number of confirmed coronavirus cases in Germany increased by 797 to 176,007, data from the Robert Koch Institute (RKI) for infectious diseases showed on Wednesday. TKAG.DE
Tata Steel Europe TISC.NS has resumed negotiations with Thyssenkrupp for a possible merger almost a year after the two companies called off a joint venture proposal, Business Standard reported on Wednesday citing investment bankers. VOWG_p.DE
Volkswagen has agreed to pay 9 million euros ($9.9 million) in a deal with a German court to end legal proceedings against its chairman and chief executive, who were accused of holding back market-moving information on rigged emissions tests. LHAG.DE
Lufthansa is bracing for hundreds of aircraft to remain grounded due to the coronavirus pandemic well into 2022 and that further job cuts at its maintenance and catering businesses were inevitable. BANK ARLG.DE
German real estate lender Aareal Bank said it was inviting bids from financial investors for a significant minority stake in its Aareon unit to help finance the software business's future growth. Medical Care FMEG.DE
The company said it had Placed Bonds With A Volume Of 1.25 billion euros ($1.37 billion). Eventim AG & Co KgaA EVDG.DE
First-quarter results due.
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETINGS
DEUTSCHE BANK AG DBKGn.DE - 0 eur/shr dividend proposed
SAP SE SAPG.DE - 1.58 eur/shr dividend proposed
UNITED INTERNET AG UTDI.DE - 0.50 eur/shr dividend proposed
UNIPER SE UN01.DE - 1.15 eur/shr dividend proposed
TELEFONICA DEUTSCHLAND HOLDING AG O2Dn.DE - 0.17 eur/shr dividend proposed
AIXTRON SE AIXGn.DE - 0 eur/shr dividend proposed
PFEIFFER VACUUM TECHNOLOGY AG PV.DE - 1.25 eur/shr dividend proposed
KLOECKNER & CO. SE KCOGn.DE - 0 eur/shr dividend proposed
SAF HOLLAND SA SFQN.DE - 0 eur/shr dividend proposed
DEUTSCHE BOERSE AG DB1Gn.DE - 2.90 euros/shr dividend
RHEINMETALL AG RHMG.DE - 2.40 euros/shr dividend
1&1 DRILLISCH AG DRIG.DE - 0.05 euros/shr dividend
GEA GROUP AG G1AG.DE : HSBC CUTS TO HOLD FROM BUY
OVERSEAS STOCK MARKETS
Time: 4:43 GMT
GERMAN ECONOMIC DATA
No major economic data scheduled.
REUTERS TOP NEWS TOP/NEWS
($1 = 0.9142 euros)
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.