FuelBuddy raises $20 mn, aims to expand global footprint
New Delhi, Jan 23 (IANS) Mobile energy distribution platform FuelBuddy on Monday said it has raised $20 million from global conglomerates. With these funds, FuelBuddy said it is poised for an aggressive expansion in India, the overseas markets in the MENA region, and South-East Asia.
With over 45,000 satisfied customers and operations in more than 130 cities, they have served about 10 crore litres of diesel to partners across the country including Varun Beverages Ltd., Coca-Cola (NYSE: KO ), Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN ), DLF (NS: DLF ), Infosys (NS: INFY ), Taj, Hitachi, Amazon, Flipkart, Mahindra Logistics and Delhivery (NS: DELH ), to name a few.
"We are confident that FuelBuddy will emerge as a leader in the international markets as well. FuelBuddy's transformative solutions in the Indian markets have helped us grow exponentially and strengthen our business across geographies," said SK Narvar, who promoted and funded Fuel Buddy .
Established in 2016 in New Delhi, Fuel Buddy is an app based, IoT and cloud enabled fuel delivery service. It is already expanding to tier-two, tier-three cities and rural areas pan-India.
The latest funding round was led by Naveen Jindal Group, Ravi Jaipuria Group (RJ Corp) and Nilesh Ved (Apparel Group, the UAE).
The startup recently forayed into the lubricants space with their partnership with Indian Oil (NS: IOC ) Corporation Limited (IOCL) and Hindustan Petroleum (NS: HPCL ) Corporation Limited (HPCL).
"FuelBuddy is a pioneer in the fuel-delivery business in India. We have witnessed their sizable growth in the last few years and trust them to grow exponentially in the coming years too," said Amit Dang, CFO, Jindal Power Limited.
FuelBuddy had also acquired Bengaluru-based on-demand fuel delivery startup MyPetrolPump.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or