(For a Reuters live blog on U.S., UK and European stock markets, click LIVE/ or type LIVE/ in a news window)
* FTSE 100 down 0.2%, FTSE 250 adds 0.03%
April 26 (Reuters) - London's FTSE 100 edged lower on Monday as export-oriented companies and heavyweight energy stocks dipped, while shares of Pearson jumped on an upbeat first-quarter earnings update.
The domestically focussed mid-cap FTSE 250 index .FTMC inched 0.03% higher.
Global education group Pearson PSON.L rose to the top of the FTSE 100 index with a 3.3% rise after posting a 5% increase in underlying revenue growth in the first quarter, helped by strong demand for online learning courses.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.