From Feb 1, MGL slashes CNG price by Rs 2.50/kg for Mumbai
Mumbai, Jan 31 (IANS) The Mahanagar Gas (NS: MGAS ) Ltd (MGL) has slashed the price of Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) for Mumbai and surroundings by Rs. 2.50/kg with effect from February 1 midnight, an official said here on Tuesday.
Accordingly, the revised prices of CNG, used in vehicles, will come down from Rs 89.50/kg to Rs 87/kg, and will prove 44 per cent cheaper compared with petrol prices at the current price levels.
In October 2022, the CNG prices were hiked from Rs 80/kg to Rs 86/kg, followed by another upward revision from Rs 86/kg to Rs 89.50, and now be available at Rs. 87/kg, benefitting over 800,000 consumers using gas-powered vehicles.
The latest downward revision is in anticipation of increased allocation of domestically produced gas from the HPHT to CGD entities by the Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas, which will reduce the MGL's input costs, said the spokesperson.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or