New Delhi, Dec 2 (IANS) Since overall market valuations have reached high levels, FPIs may turn sellers at higher market levels, says V.K. Vijayakumar, Chief Investment Strategist at Geojit Financial Services.FPIs have reversed their selling strategy in India. Decline in US bond yields and the resilience of the Indian market have forced the FPIs to halt their selling, he said.
During the last six days, FPIs were consistent buyers in India. In November, as per NSDL data, FPI inflows have turned positive with a net buy figure of Rs 9,000 crore even though they sold in the cash market for Rs 368 crore. The total buy figure for 2023, so far, now stands at Rs 1,04,972 crore, he added.
Going forward, FPI response will be crucially determined by the market trend, which, in turn, will be influenced by the state election results. If the state election results turn out to be favourable for the ruling dispensation, the market will stage a rally. FPIs are unlikely to miss that rally by big selling, he added.
They might buy into financials where the valuations are fair.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Market is not much overvalued and that's why there is scope of Nifty reaching near to 21k .Like 3
Markets are over valuedLike 1
Last week, in 4 days, Indians invested 2.58 Lakh Crore in IPO, shows the money power of indians. FII, who were sellers of more than 2 Lakh crores from Sept 2021, may by surprised by this new investment appetite of young indians, with more than 11 crore demat accounts.Like 2
Still Reliance, ICICI are at bargaining level.Like 2