By Malvika Gurung
Investing.com -- Shares of the edible oil major Adani (NS: APSE ) Wilmar (NS: ADAW ) hit a 10% upper circuit limit at Rs 345.7 apiece on Wednesday, after plunging 25% from its record high price of Rs 419.9/share set on Feb 11, 2022.
The newly-listed FMCG major underwent heavy corrections lately, after delivering about 85% returns, compared to its listing at Rs 227/share on the NSE on Feb 8, 2022.
After recording its all-time high on Feb 11, the Fortune oil-producing stock has been witnessing profit bookings, clearing about one-fourth of its value, and closed at Rs 314.4 in the previous session. The company’s shares froze at 10% upper circuit on Wednesday, as no sellers could be seen on the counter.
The 50:50 joint venture company between the Adani Group and Singapore's Wilmar Group, Adani Wilmar reported a consolidated net profit of Rs 211.4 crore in Q3 FY22, surging 65.9% YoY.
Its revenue from operations rose 40.6% YoY to Rs 14,378.66 crore in the quarter. The company’s EBITDA in Q3 FY22 shot up 60.3% YoY to Rs 503.7 crore, and the EBITDA margin climbed from 3.1% in Q3 FY21 to 3.5% in Q3 FY22.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.