By Malvika Gurung
Investing.com -- In a torrid session today, Indian shares have corrected sharply, following Russian orders of military operations in Ukraine, ringing bells of an impending Russian invasion, soaring oil prices to their highest levels since 2014.
As per a PTI report, some of the aforementioned 77 stocks include Apollo Tyres (NS: APLO ), Dr. Reddy’s Labs (NS: REDY ), Bharat Petroleum (NS: BPCL ), Gillette India (NS: GILE ), Exide Industries (NS: EXID ), and HDFC (NS: HDFC ) Life Insurance (NS: HDFL ), among others.
Investors on Dalal Street lost a roaring Rs 10 lakh crore worth of wealth in today’s session.
All sectoral indices slumped deeply, with Nifty PSU Bank tanking 8.6%, led by Punjab National Bank (NS: PNBK ) down 14.73% and Bank of India (NS: BOI ), down 14.3%, at the time of writing. Nifty Bank shed 6.2%.
Headline benchmark gauges extended selling in the final hour of the trading session. Fear barometer India VIX surged at a record 30.3% at the time of writing.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.