Washington, Sep 22 (IANS) Fire at a British Petroleum ( BP (LON: BP )) refinery in the US state of Ohio led to the deaths of two staff members, the company said.
All other staff of the Husky Toledo Refinery in the city of Oregon, is accounted for, Xinhua news agency quoted BP as saying in a statement on Wednesday.
The fire was extinguished on Tuesday night and the refinery was safely shut down and remains offline on Wednesday.
It remains unclear what caused the blaze.
BP said the Husky Toledo refinery "has been a cornerstone of Northwest Ohio's economy for more than 100 years".
The refinery is said to be able to process up to 160,000 barrels of crude oil each day, providing the Midwest with gasoline, diesel, jet fuel, propane, asphalt, and other products.
On a daily basis, the facility can produce 3.8 million gallons of gasoline, 1.3 million gallons of diesel fuel, and 600,000 gallons of jet fuel.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.