By Malvika Gurung
Investing.com -- Indian market indices traded on a negative note in Tuesday’s intraday session, tracking weak cues from Asian peers, while banking and financial packs exerted pressure on Dalal Street, led by Bajaj twins.
Benchmark indices Nifty50 slipped below the 18,700 mark during the trading session, and retreated 0.16% to 18,724.75 levels at 11:39 am.
Sectoral indices listed under the Nifty umbrella traded mostly in the red, while Nifty Metal and Nifty IT extended support. On the other hand, key index Nifty Bank , Nifty Financial Services and Nifty Private Bank declined 0.4% each.
Small-cap market index Nifty Smallcap 100 outperformed the headline peers, trading 0.4% higher at the time of writing.
On the Nifty50 pack, HCL Tech (NS: HCLT ), HDFC Life (NS: HDFL ), Power Grid Corporation (NS: PGRD ) and Hindalco (NS: HALC ) led the gains, while market heavyweights Bajaj Finserv (NS: BJFS ), Bajaj Finance (NS: BJFN ), M&M (NS: MAHM ) and UltraTech Cement (NS: ULTC ) pulled the index lower.
The leading stock broker Iifl Securities' (NS: IIFS ) shares plummeted 19.24% on Tuesday after the markets regulator SEBI prohibited the company from onboarding new customers for a period of two years.
On the flip side, shares of HDFC Asset Management Company (NS: HDFA ) zoomed 9% despite its promoter Abrdn Investment Management selling off its entire 10.2% stake in the financial company via block deals on Monday.
Continue Reading: HDFC AMC Jumps 9% Despite UK-Based Promoter Exiting the Company
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.