European stocks rise on upbeat forecasts from Pandora, Novo Nordisk
(For a live blog on European stocks, type LIVE/ in an Eikon news window)
Oct 9 (Reuters) - European stock markets gained on Friday on rosy earnings forecasts from retailers Pandora and Zalando as well as drugmaker Novo Nordisk , with investors keeping an eye out for signs of fresh U.S. stimulus.
Danish jewellery maker Pandora PNDORA.CO jumped 10.6% and German online fashion company Zalando ZALG.DE rose 3.7% after raising their outlook for 2020 on the back of a strong third quarter. pharma company Novo Nordisk NOVOb.CO gained 3.2% after it raised its 2020 sales and operating outlook. broader STOXX 600 index .STOXX rose 0.4% by 0713 GMT, led by miners .SXPP and oil companies .SXEP as commodity prices rose. The index was on course to record its second straight week of gains. MET/L O/R
U.S. President Donald Trump said in an interview with Fox News that talks with Congress have restarted over further COVID-19 relief and that there was a good chance a deal could be reached. But he gave no other details about a possible agreement.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or