Investing.com - Ethereum was trading at $1,667.32 by 13:55 (08:25 GMT) on the Investing.com Index on Wednesday, up 14.85% on the day. It was the largest one-day percentage gain since Sunday, January 3, 2021.
The move upwards pushed Ethereum's market cap up to $191.40B, or 12.47% of the total cryptocurrency market cap. At its highest, Ethereum's market cap was $225.07B.
Ethereum had traded in a range of $1,505.79 to $1,671.72 in the previous twenty-four hours.
Over the past seven days, Ethereum has seen a drop in value, as it lost 6.39%. The volume of Ethereum traded in the twenty-four hours to time of writing was $49.17B or 19.51% of the total volume of all cryptocurrencies. It has traded in a range of $1,370.4504 to $2,040.7922 in the past 7 days.
At its current price, Ethereum is still down 18.30% from its all-time high of $2,040.79 set on Saturday, February 20, 2021.
Elsewhere in cryptocurrency trading
Bitcoin was last at $50,649.3 on the Investing.com Index, up 8.60% on the day.
Binance Coin was trading at $264.5985 on the Investing.com Index, a gain of 34.95%.
Bitcoin's market cap was last at $941.82B or 61.37% of the total cryptocurrency market cap, while Binance Coin's market cap totaled $40.10B or 2.61% of the total cryptocurrency market value.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.