New Delhi, April 21 (IANS) Indian equity benchmark indices settled in the green for the second consecutive day on Thursday due to buying at lower levels post the recent five session losses in a row.
The Sensex settled at 57,912 points, up 874 points or 1.53 per cent, whereas Nifty at 17,401 points, up 264 points or 1.54 per cent.
Among the stocks, Eicher Motors (NS: EICH ), Coal India (NS: COAL ), Mahindra & Mahindra (NS: MAHM ), Adani (NS: APSE ) Ports, and Kotak Mahindra Bank (NS: KTKM ) were the top five gainers, among the Nifty 50 companies, rallying 4.4 per cent, 4.0 per cent, 3.2 per cent, 2.7 per cent, and 2.7 per cent, respectively.
"Accumulation seen in some of the big boys which led to the fall during the last one week helped the bulls get back strongly today," said S. Ranganathan, Head of Research at LKP securities.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.