- Tesla in tunnels began its Loop operation in Vegas with 3 stops.
- Passengers can pay for the ride via Dogecoin , debit card, or US dollars.
Elon Musk’s Boring company started its Loop function in Los Vegas on July 1. Loop is popularly known as Teslas in tunnels, this is one of the dream projects Musk developed to overcome the existing traffic struggles in the world.
Thanks to @ResortsWorldLV @LVCVA for being awesome partners – was a great Opening Day! https://t.co/xFVdExx2zk
— The Boring Company (@boringcompany) July 1, 2022
At present, the operation of loops is in three points without any intermediate stops. The passengers are being carried in the Tesla vehicle which is driven by humans at 35 mph speed. The rides are going to be automated at 150 mph in the near future, as per the Loop authorities.
The number of stations is also going to increase to 50 counts in Vegas. The project got approved by the Clark County commissioner last October. Currently, the number of passengers transported in an hour is 4,400 and the organisation is planning to improve this to 55 K.
DOGE in Payment Mode
Right now, no transportation charge is being collected from the passengers, the plan ahead includes a $1.50 fare for a single ride and $2.50 for daily passes. The acceptance of Dogecoin as payment was reported in an article and Musk confirmed it by replying to it in a tweet.
Elon Musk’s Reply Tweet (Source: Twitter (NYSE: TWTR ))
The support of Musk to memecoin is not a new secret at all, already Tesla is accepting DOGE and Musk wishes to integrate it into SpaceX & Starlink. Twitter accusations by Elon are expected to add crypto payments to Twitter.
At press time, the price of DOGE is $0.0682 with a 9 billion market cap and 383 million trading volume in the last 24 hrs. The coin is ranked in the 10th position among the cryptocurrency in the CMC (NS: CMC ).
Recommended For You
- Did Bitcoin Slump Push Elon Musk’s Tesla Into Major Losses?
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.