By Malvika Gurung
Investing.com -- Shares of the auto major Eicher Motors (NS: EICH ) surged over 3% on Thursday and hit a fresh 52-week high of Rs 3,265.95 apiece, following a strong earnings show for the June 2022 quarter.
The iconic motorcycle Royal Enfield’s manufacturer posted a 157.5% YoY jump in consolidated net profit at Rs 610.66 crore in Q1 FY23 and a 71.2% YoY surge in consolidated revenue at Rs 3,325.8 crore.
Its sharp growth uptick was led by a rise in the exports segment, an increase in the volumes of Royal Enfield, and a higher average realisation, resulting from a price hike undertaken during May 2022.
Most brokerages continue being bullish on the stock, with CLSA raising its target price to Rs 3,763/share, pegging an 18.4% upside compared to the current price, on better results than its two-wheeler peers.
"We remain positive on Eicher's business prospects, owing to healthy growth and model launches. We expect exports to clock 17% CAGR over FY22-24E, aided by entry into new markets and market share gain in the existing markets. We expect exports to be one of the key growth drivers for Eicher over the medium term,” stated analysts at Nirmal Bang Institutional Equities.
Jefferies has raised its target price by almost 6% to Rs 3,700/share, as Eicher Motors’ Q1 EBITDA jump of 10% QoQ exceeded its estimate, while the brokerage sees multiple positives for RE going ahead. It sees the company’s EPS more than doubling over FY22-24, cited CNBC TV-18.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.