By Sam Boughedda
Investing.com — Boxlight Corp (NASDAQ: BOXL ) said Monday that it has agreed on a deal to acquire FrontRow Calypso, a classroom and campus communication solution for the education market.
FrontRow provides products for classroom audio, campus communication, emergency communication, and AV control.
While no financial details were provided, the company said the acquisition will close no later than Dec. 31.
Michael Pope, Boxlight's chairman and CEO, said: "We are excited to welcome Jens Holstebro and the entire FrontRow team to the Boxlight family. We identified classroom and campus audio as our top growth opportunity outside of interactive displays last year, and we actively identified and pursued FrontRow with its industry best solutions.
"I'm thrilled to have reached an agreement with the FrontRow shareholders, and I look forward to fully integrating the FrontRow products into our Boxlight ecosystem."
Boxlight shares hit a high of $2.46 on the news. They are up just under 6% at $2.36.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.