Quito, June 23 (IANS) Ecuadoran President Guillermo Lasso has tested positive for Covid-19, the government said in a statement.
Lasso has no symptoms thanks to being vaccinated and he is "working for the country and for peace", Xinhua news agency quoted the statement as saying.
According to the Health Ministry, since Ecuador's national vaccination plan was initiated in January 2021, around 14 million people in the country have completed their two-dose inoculation.
Since the outbreak of the pandemic in early 2020, Ecuador has reported a total of 898,667 Covid cases and 35,695 deaths.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.