Sept 14 (Reuters) - Colombian oil company Ecopetrol ECO.CN aims to drill 100 wells by the end of 2021 in the Permian Basin of West Texas, the company's chief executive Felipe Bayon said on Monday.
Colombia's biggest oil company has resumed drilling activities under its joint venture with Occidental (NYSE: OXY ) Petroleum in the Permian Basin since June and plans to drill 22 new wells in the near term, Bayon said during the virtual Asia Pacific Petroleum Conference (APPEC).
Asia is now the company's biggest client for its crude output in terms of geographical regions, and Ecopetrol is currently working on expanding crude oil sales to India and South Korea, he said.
The majority state-owned company was able to avoid production shutdowns during the COVID-19 pandemic due to China's demand for Colombian crude, Bayon added.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.