By Malvika Gurung
Investing.com -- Shares of the conglomerate healthcare company Aster DM Healthcare (NS: ATRD ) zoomed 12.8% to Rs 193.85 apiece at the time of writing, in response to an over two-fold surge in net profit for the March-ending quarter.
The company’s consolidated net profit rallied a whopping 114.7% YoY and 52.53% QoQ to Rs 226.27 in the March quarter, while total income surged 22.7% YoY and 3.3% QoQ to Rs 2,749.77 crore in the period.
In the financial year 2021-22, the company’s net profit jumped 256.02% YoY to Rs 526 crore and total income surged 19.01% YoY to Rs 10,303.94 crore.
Its EPS rallied 114.6% YoY and 52.7% QoQ to Rs 4.55 in the March quarter, and 255.9% YoY to Rs 10.57 in FY22.
''We have witnessed good overall growth during the recently concluded quarter. With existing facilities ramping up, there has been significant improvement in the utilisation of the facilities. Our India hospitals business is growing rapidly and we continue to add beds every quarter,'' stated the company’s Founder Chairman and MD.
Last week, the company partnered with a drone-based logistics firm Skye Air Mobility for delivering diagnostic samples and medicines.
Reports stated that nearly 80 flights would be carried out under the pilot carrying blood and other diagnostics samples and medicines for Aster clinics.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Brilliant hospital. Truly world class.Like 0