By Malvika Gurung
Investing.com -- In its monetary policy committee review, the central bank RBI has decided to maintain a status quo on its accommodative stance, for the economy to revive. It has also kept all of its key interest rates, including repo rate, reverse repo rate and bank rate unchanged.
The market has welcomed RBI’s decision to keep the policy interest rate unchanged, as it is still in a recovery mode.
Benchmark indices rebounded post RBI’s announcements, and banking and financial stocks are on a rise. However, the market is likely to get influenced by the US inflation figures for January 2022 due today, in the short to medium term, stated head analyst at Geojit Financial.
Motilal Oswal (NS: MOFS ) reads RBI’s decision of holding policy rates as being more focused on domestic macro variables, compared to its global peers, like the Fed which has indicated taking multiple rate hikes in the year.
NBFC stocks witnessed gains post the review, on RBI’s projection of lower inflation in later FY23, with expectations of less aggressive hikes in monetary policy rates later.
Sectors including banking, financial services and real estate witnessed gains after RBI’s decision of holding key interest rates.
At 1:20 pm, all sectoral indices on the Nifty basket gained, while Nifty FMCG and Nifty Auto remained muted. Nifty Bank rose 1.3%, led by Federal Bank (NS: FED ), Kotak Bank and HDFC Bank (NS: HDBK ), all above 2%, while Nifty Fin Services was trading 1.37% higher.
Nifty Auto and Nifty FMCG were down 0.1% and 0.02%, respectively.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.