Dow futures trade steady, Salesforce sheds 6.8% after earnings
By Oliver Gray
Investing.com - U.S. stock futures were trading slightly higher during Wednesday’s evening deals, with major benchmark averages rallying during regular trade as market participants reacted positively as Fed Chair Jerome Powell flagged potentially less aggressive interest rate increases at December's meeting amid cooling inflation pressures.
By 6:36 PM ET (11:36 PM GMT) Dow Jones Futures were trading flat while S&P 500 Futures , Nasdaq 100 Futures were up 0.2% apiece.
In extended deals, Salesforce Inc (NYSE: CRM ) fell 6.8% after the company reported Q3 EPS of $1.40 versus $1.22 expected on revenue of $7.84 billion versus $7.83B expected.
Snowflake Inc (NYSE: SNOW ) shed 5.4%, reporting Q3 EPS of $0.11 versus $0.04 expected on revenue of $557M versus $539.07M expected.
Five Below (NASDAQ: FIVE ) lifted 8.9% after reporting Q3 EPS of $0.29, above expectations of $0.14, while revenue was reported at $607.6M versus $610.46M expected.
Okta, Inc. (NASDAQ: OKTA ) rallied 13%, reporting Q3 EPS of $0.00 versus expected losses of $0.24 per share, while revenue came in at $481M versus $465.42M expected.
PVH Corp. (NYSE: PVH ) gained 9.5% as the company reported Q3 EPS of $2.60 versus $2.17 expected on revenue of $2.28B versus $2.23B expected.
Victoria's Secret & Co (NYSE: VSCO ) fell 1.9% after reporting Q3 EPS of $0.29 versus $0.22 expected on revenue of $1.32B versus $1.32B expected.
G-III Apparel Group (NASDAQ: GIII ) shed 21.5% after reporting Q3 EPS of $1.35 versus $1.81 expected, while revenue was reported at $1.08B versus $1.06B.
Ahead in Thursday’s session, investors will be looking toward initial jobless claims , nonfarm payrolls , unemployment data, personal income and personal consumption expenditure .
On the earnings front, companies including Dollar General Corporation (NYSE: DG ), Kroger Company (NYSE: KR ) and Ulta Beauty Inc (NASDAQ: ULTA ) are set to release earnings results.
During Wednesday’s trade, the Dow Jones Industrial Average added 737.2 points or 2.2% to 34,589.8, S&P 500 added 122.5 points or 3.1% to 4,080.1 and the NASDAQ Composite gained 484.2 points or 4.4% to 11,468.
On the bond markets, United States 10-Year rates were at 3.611%.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or