Investing.com - U.S. stock futures were trading lower during Wednesday's evening deals, after major benchmark indices extended declines during the regular session, with Federal Reserve policymakers raising interest rates by 25 basis points, while further stress on regional banks (NYSE: KRE ) also soured risk sentiment.
In extended deals, PacWest Bancorp (NASDAQ: PACW ) tanked 55.6% as Bloomberg reported news of a potential sale.
On the earnings front, companies scheduled to deliver results include Apple Inc (NASDAQ: AAPL ), ConocoPhillips (NYSE: COP ), Moderna Inc (NASDAQ: MRNA ), LYFT Inc (NASDAQ: LYFT ), DraftKings Inc (NASDAQ: DKNG ), and Coinbase Global Inc (NASDAQ: COIN ).
During Wednesday's regular trade, the Dow Jones Industrial Average lost 270.3 points or 0.8% to 33,414.2, the S&P 500 fell 28.8 points or 0.7% to 4,090.8, and the Nasdaq Composite dropped 55.2 points or 0.5% to 12,025.3.
On the bond markets, United States 10-Year rates were at 3.364%.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.