Investing.com - U.S. stock futures were trading slightly lower on Tuesday evening as market participants returned to trade after a public holiday, with major benchmark indices cooling from multimonth highs during the regular session.
Analyze corporate earnings results with InvestingPro.
In extended deals, FedEx (NYSE: FDX ) dipped 3.2% after the company reported Q4 EPS of $4.94 versus $4.86 expected, while revenues were reported at $21.9 billion versus $22.59B expected. The company also forecasted FY2024 EPS in the range of $16.50-$18.50 versus $18.36 expected.
During Tuesday's regular trade, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 245.3 points or 0.7% to 34,053.9, the S&P 500 lost 20.9 points or 0.5% to 4,388.7, and the Nasdaq Composite lost 22.3 points or 0.2% to 13,667.3.
On the bond markets, United States 10-Year rates were at 3.727%.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.