Investing.com - U.S. stock futures were trading little changed on Thursday night amid high-profile earnings reports from Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL ) and Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN ), while market participants look ahead to key nonfarm payrolls data set to be released early on Friday.
Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN ) surged 9.1% after the company reported Q2 EPS of $0.65 versus $0.35 expected on revenues of $134.4B versus $131.45B expected. Amazon forecasted Q3 2023 revenue in the range of $138B-$143B versus $138.25B expected.
Booking (NASDAQ: BKNG ) also lifted 11.8%, reporting Q2 EPS of $37.62 versus $28.87 expected on revenues of $5.46B versus $5.16B expected.
On the bond markets, United States 10-Year rates shot up to 9-month highs of 4.179%.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.