Investing.com - U.S stock futures were trading slightly higher during Monday's evening deals, following a mixed session among major benchmark averages as market participants monitored debt ceiling negotiations between President Joe Biden and House Speaker Kevin McCarthy.
In extended deals, Zoom Video Communications Inc (NASDAQ: ZM ) added 0.8% after reporting Q1 EPS of $1.16 versus $0.99 expected, while revenue was reported at $1.1 billion versus $1.08B expected. The company forecasted Q2 2024 EPS in the range of $1.04-$1.06 versus $1.05 expected and revenue in the range of $1.11B-1.$115B versus $1.11B expected.
Among earnings, quarterly results are scheduled from companies including Intuit Inc (NASDAQ: INTU ), Lowe’s Companies Inc (NYSE: LOW ), Palo Alto Networks Inc (NASDAQ: PANW ), BJs Wholesale Club Holdings Inc (NYSE: BJ ), and Dick’s Sporting Goods Inc (NYSE: DKS ).
During Monday's regular trade, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 140.1 points or 0.4% to 33,286.6, the S&P 500 finished flat at 4,192.6, and the Nasdaq Composite lifted 62.9 points or 0.5% to 12,720.8.
On the bond markets, United States 10-Year rates were at fresh 2-month highs of 3.721%.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.