By Malvika Gurung
Investing.com -- U.S. stock futures traded lower during the pre-opening session on Thursday, with Dow Futures trading 0.28% or 85 points lower at 6:40 pm (Indian Standard Time), indicating Wall Street to open on a negative note.
The US Labour Department released the weekly jobless claims for last week, which came out to be higher than expected.
The number of people claiming unemployment benefits staggered last week, threatening to break a three-month trend of falling claims that created an impression of exceptional labour market strength, stated Geoffrey Smith of Investing.com.
Initial jobless claims rose by 29,000 from a downwardly revised 190,000 to hit 219,000, their highest in five weeks. Continue reading
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Jay NarayanLike 0