New Delhi, Sep 30 (IANS) The Union Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas announced an increase in the price of domestic natural gas for the month of October, marking the second consecutive monthly price hike.The price has been increased to $9.20 per mmBtu(million British thermal units) from $8.60 per mmBtu in September.
The increase in domestic natural gas prices is likely to lead to an in crease in the prices paid by consumers for Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) and Piped Natural Gas (PNG) as gas distribution companies may pass on the higher costs.
This price adjustment comes under the new formula which links the domestic natural gas price to current price of the Indian crude basket.
The earlier formula was based on the prices of four major global gas trading hubs.
The new pricing mechanism was introduced on the recommendations of an expert committee constituted by the government in October 2022 to align natural gas prices more closely with current market dynamics.
Under this new formula, the price of domestic natural gas is adjusted every month.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.