By Peter Nurse
Investing.com -- Stocks in focus in premarket trade on Thursday, August 11th. Please refresh for updates.
Walt Disney (NYSE: DIS ) stock rose 9.1% after the entertainment giant announced a total of 221 million streaming customers as part of its third quarter results , taking it above main rival Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX ).
Sonos (NASDAQ: SONO ) stock fell 17% after the audio equipment maker slashed its full-year guidance, citing a challenging macroeconomic backdrop.
- Six Flags (NYSE: SIX ) stock fell 13% after the theme park company posted disappointing quarterly profit and revenue , hit by a 22% drop in attendance.
- Utz Brands (NYSE: UTZ ) stock rose 8.2% after the snack foods company raised its full-year sales outlook, helped by better than expected quarterly profit and revenue numbers.
Lowe’s (NYSE: LOW ) stock fell 1.6% after Citigroup downgraded the home improvement chain to ‘neutral’ from ‘buy’, saying the housing market is cooling and this will hit demand.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.