By Peter Nurse
Investing.com -- Stocks in focus in premarket trade on Wednesday, December 14th. Please refresh for updates.
Delta (NYSE: DAL ) stock rose 4.3% after the airline forecast its profit would nearly double next year, driven by "robust" travel demand and a decline in non-fuel operating costs.
Lennar (NYSE: LEN ) stock rose 1.5% after Barclays upgraded its stance on the home construction company to ‘overweight’ from ‘equal weight’, saying the stock can rally more than 25% as the housing market troughs in 2023.
Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA ) stock fell 0.8% after Goldman Sachs cut its 12-month target price on the electric vehicle manufacturer to $235 from $305, while keeping a ‘buy’ rating. The stock closed Tuesday at $160.
Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL ) stock fell 0.3% after the tech giant announced plans to allow third-party app stores on the iPhone in Europe to forestall antitrust action against it in the EU, potentially hitting a lucrative revenue stream.
- Darden Restaurants (NYSE: DRI ) stock rose 1.4% after Wedbush upgraded its stance on the owner of Olive Garden, among other chains, to 'outperform' from 'neutral', expecting market share gains in the difficult climate.
- Best Buy (NYSE: BBY ) stock fell 3.1% after Bank of America downgraded its stance on the electronics retailer to 'underperform' from 'neutral', citing the challenging environment.
- Moderna (NASDAQ: MRNA ) stock rose 1.6%, continuing the previous session's strong rally after the pharmaceutical maker reported positive trends from the trial of its vaccine for skin cancer.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.