Delivery Hero to Replace HelloFresh on Germany's Dax - Report
By Scott Kanowsky
Investing.com -- HelloFresh SE (ETR: HFGG ) is set to be replaced on Germany's DAX by rival Delivery Hero AG (ETR: DHER ), according to analysts quoted by Bloomberg.
The food delivery group's relegation from the gauge of shares in 40 major German blue-chip companies on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange is expected to be announced by index provider Qontigo on Monday at 22:00 CET, Bloomberg reported.
Shares in HelloFresh fell toward the bottom of the DAX in early trading on Monday, hovering near a 52-week low. Delivery Hero stock also dipped into the red.
Both HelloFresh and Delivery Hero have seen their share prices slide as a pandemic-driven surge in customer demand for at-home dining waned and competition in the sector intensified. HelloFresh stock is down by more than 74% year-over-year, while Delivery Hero is lower by nearly 68%.
Delivery Hero's recent share price plunge saw it dumped from the index in favor of chemical goods maker Beiersdorf AG (ETR: BEIG ) during a June reshuffling.
However, shares in Delivery Hero have recently made a slight comeback. The stock touched its highest level since February last month after the company said it expects annual underlying earnings to come in above previous estimates.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or