Mumbai, May 26 (IANS) The Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation has awarded the contract for the operation and maintenance of Mumbai's first fully underground Colaba-Bandra-SEEPZ Metro Line 3 to the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd, an official said here on Friday.
The DMRC bagged the prestigious contract for 10 years after a global competitive bidding process in which it emerged as the lowest successful bidder, marking a significant milestone to make the Line 3 operational soon.
The DMRC is considered a pioneer in the Metro Railway sector in India, having successfully operated and maintained the Delhi Metro for over two decades.
Vide the contract, DMRC will be responsible for all the day-to-day operations including the OCC, DCC, stations, running of trains, maintaining the trains and all the metro systems infrastructure and ensuring safety of passengers, under the Key Performance Indicators.
MMRC Managing Director Ashwini Bhide said the O&M comprises a crucial component for any metro and the MMRC is committed to provide safe, comfortable, reliable and high-quality but cost-effective services to the passengers.
However, MMRC will continue to perform other duties like the revenue management, multimodal integration, business and brand management, public relations, legal compliances, non-fare box revenues, debt-servicing, coordination with regulatory authorities, etc.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.