(Adds Aditya Birla Fashion, Cielo SA, ION Group, Charterhouse, Tencent, GardaWorld)
Jan 27 (Reuters) - The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported by 2100 GMT on Wednesday:
** Perspecta Inc PRSP.N , which provides information technology services to government customers, said it has accepted a $7.1 billion all-cash deal from buyout firm Veritas Capital-backed Peraton. Advanz Pharma recommended a takeover proposal from Nordic Capital, making the private equity fund a frontrunner to acquire the speciality drugmaker that restructured its debt in 2019. Swiss-headquartered clinic chain Ameos is being prepared for a sale or refinancing as its private equity owner Carlyle seeks to cash out after almost a decade of ownership, people close to the matter said. Colombia's state-owned oil company Ecopetrol ECO.CN said it has made a non-binding offer to buy the government's stake in electricity transmission company Interconexin Electrica S.A. E.S.P (ISA). Perspecta Inc PRSP.N , a provider of IT services to government customers, has agreed to a $7.1 billion takeover offer from Peraton, a defense contractor owned by private-equity firm Veritas Capital. India's Aditya Birla Fashion and Retail Ltd (ABFRL) ADIA.NS said it would buy a 51% stake in the Sabyasachi brand, best known for high-end wedding wear favoured by Bollywood celebrities and rich business families. Brazilian payments processor Cielo SA CIEL3.SA unveiled plans to launch a credit business this year, while also looking at the sale of non-core assets, CEO Paulo Caffarelli said. Financial data and technology firm ION Group is nearing a deal to buy Italian banking software provider Cedacri for about 1.5 billion euros ($1.8 billion), two sources familiar with the matter told Reuters. China's Tencent 0700.HK has invested 30 million euros ($36.35 million) for a minority stake in French independent video game developer Dontnod Entertainment SA ALDNE.PA , the latter announced. Conditions are no longer right for an alliance between Italian shipbuilder Fincantieri FCT.MI and state-controlled French Chantiers de l'Atlantique, the French and Italian finance ministries said in a joint statement. European private equity firm Charterhouse has kicked off the sale of drugmaker Cooperation Pharmaceutique Française as it seeks to capitalise on investor appetite for pandemic-resilient healthcare assets, three sources told Reuters. Canadian security group GardaWorld on Wednesday extended its buyout offer period for rival G4S (CSE: G4S ) GFS.L for a fifth time, even as the British company has already accepted U.S.-based Allied Universal's takeover offer.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.